Saturday, November 25, 2017

Connecticut State Chess Association new web pages



Clubs of Connecticut State Chess Association

Back Issues of Connecticut Chess Magazine

Our Facebook Page        Our Facebook Public Group

Upcoming Events  -   Subscribe to our blog

Connecticut Scholastic Chess Programs

Active USCF TD's of Connecticut State Chess Association





Dear fellow chess organizers in Connecticut,

I will continue organizing my small USCF Saturday tournaments in Coventry every month for as long as I can.  A total of 92 players have participated in my program since it was started May 2016.
We are fortunate here in Connecticut that Bill Goichberg runs top-notch chess tournaments in Stamford, Windsor Locks, and Sturbridge Mass. on a regular basis.
We need a big annual event in downtown Hartford, with media coverage, conducted by a team composed of all the local organizers and tournament directors.  A large one-day event for adults, with a separate section for Juniors. Maybe Spring 2018 ?
I will coordinate all the volunteers needed to conduct such an event. I will be backup for any function when it is needed. I can use help with acquiring the site, arranging for the date, sending details and reports to the USCF.
I am unable to do all of this myself, so volunteers are needed to jump onboard early on in the process.  I need TD's to commit to serving as floor directors, and pairing directors. I will award each volunteer with free entry.
Do any of you have influence with the people at the new UConn facilities in downtown Hartford ?  We would all together decide on the format, time control, entry fee, and prizes etc...
Yours In Chess,
Rob Roy, USCF Senior TD