Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Jithu Sajeevan attains Chess Expert designation

 

It's so hard to find people that are good at something and able/willing to teach it. Jithu is one of those people. Check out this email that Jithu and I just got last night from the mom of one of his private lesson students:

 
Hi Jithu. 
 
Thank you so much for this beautiful note. Even though I just burst into tears reading it, they were very necessary, good tears. What a difficult year this has been for everyone and I honestly don’t know where we’d be without DIG. It was/is the most perfect find for West and I’m beyond grateful for the community, the friendships he’s made, and how much he’s learned from you and Dan and Matt. West loves working with you.  He always looks forward to your lessons and has specifically mentioned how much he enjoys learning new tactics and the cool puzzles you give him. I couldn’t ask for better role models and mentors for West than you and Dan. He has grown in independence while simultaneously learning teamwork and good sportsmanship. And, most importantly, he is genuinely enjoying learning in a way I’ve never seen before. 
 
I could feel a seismic shift in him during Sunday’s tournament and am so looking forward to watching his continued growth. Thank you so much for sharing this with me. 
 
Warmly,
 
Allison
Respectfully,
 
Coach Dan
 
502-468-6930