Monday, March 12, 2018

The Kopec System 1.e4 c5 2.Nf3

After I played in the Kopec Memorial tournament last June, I started playing the Kopec System. The basic idea is that White’s white square bishop gets to the optimal c2 square from which it can affect both sides of the board. The practical advantage is that IM Danny Kopec’s system is still little known and takes the opponent out of their book preparation right away. I have now played ten recorded club games with good results, so I am presenting all the games here as an example of how to go about assembling your own computer-analyzed opening files. This opening was never included in Modern Chess Openings so I use my own games to stake out the basic variations, add the obvious moves that haven’t been played against me, and then I give all the possibilities the Stockfish treatment. Click here to read all of this article. Other columns by Alan Lasser